From California, USA, John is a veteran trader. With 35 years trading experience he has seen it all. John has an engineering background that led to his technical approach to trading ignoring fundamental analysis (with one important exception).
John strongly believes in cycles. He’d rather exit a trade when the cycle ends or a new one starts. He uses the MESA principle to make predictions about cycles in the market and trades one hundred percent automatically.
In the show John reveals:
- What is more appropriate than trading individual stocks
- The one thing he relies upon in his approach to the market
- The detail surrounding his unique trading style
- What important thing underpins the market and gives every trader an edge
“Learn about your trading system before you start putting real money down.”
Cycle Analytics for Traders + Downloadable Software: Advanced Technical Trading Concepts by John Ehlers
New Trading Systems and Methods (Wiley Trading) by Perry J. Kaufman
Register for his workshop, mention 52 Traders and receive John’s book (normally $135) for Free
Broker & Platform
- Don’t worry about losing money
- Look at drawdown
- Don’t look at profit
- Most of the trading research ends in failure
- Cycles come and go
- Take what the market gives you
- You’ll never know when your model is correct
- There’s a danger in overtrading
- 60% winners makes a good trading system
- Be prepared to take losses
- RSI is a good indicator if you know how to use it
- Learn your system before putting money down
- When trading the daily, he holds a position about 10 days
- Trades intraday with a fully automated system on the 15 min timeframe
- John trades stocks indexes
- He goes for 1:3 and even 1:5 risk to reward ratios, though doesn’t have a physical stop loss
- He uses MESA and sine waves for calculating the market cycles
- He know exactly when to enter and exit a trade
- Uses multi time frame analysis to identify the right cycle
John’s Strategy of the Week
For my version of a marked up chart of John’s strategy, the strategy outline in text format and John’s amendments for the SP500, Register for your Free Pass to unlock the content below.
To Hear the Full Interview OR Get the Full Show Notes...
Already a member? Login here.
If you have a question from the show. Ask it below…