From Chicago, United States, Art is a veteran trader with over 30 years experience. A former blackjack expert, he turned to trading and became profitable after hearing a Jake Bernstein and Larry Williams lecture.
It took Art 5-6 years to start trading profitably after becoming a 100% mechanical trader.
In his time Art has written three well regarded trading books and these day spends most of its time researching systems or trading the smaller timeframes.
In the show Art shares:
- A very effective trading strategy that netted over 800% in the last 10 years
- The secret to the turning point in his trading
- Why he turns off the screens at noon
- Why fundamental analysis means nothing for a mechanical trader
- How to hone your trading skills
Today's SponsorVisit TradeDefender.com and receive $50 off with coupon code: 52TRADERS
Market Wizards, Updated: Interviews With Top Traders by Jack D. Schwager
Trading as a Business by Charlie F. Wright
The Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies by Robert Pardo
Beating the Financial Futures Market: Combining Small Biases into Powerful Money Making Strategies by Art Collins
Google search “Bruce Babcock”
Broker & Platform
- Most reliable trades are the ones that happen early on
- Trading is a numbers game
- Trading is a result of a constant evolving process
- Numbers can be deceptive
- Learn to be realistic
- Find a balance in your life
- Don’t be emotional
- Know yourself
- Find something that fits you and follow it strictly
- Markets drift, systems drift
- Constantly fight impulses
- If you know something will work, why not use it?
- Art trades now the S&P 500, Russel, Nasdaq and the mid-cap index
- Looks at daily averages but picks entry from the 5-minute chart
- Takes about 100 trades/week
- He can have up to five open trades simultaneously
- Risks about $150 per trade
- Losers can be taken in a matter of seconds
- He takes time-linked trades combined with momentum
Art’s Strategy of the Week
To download the full detail on Art’s strategy (including exact trading rules and marked up chart) simply register for your Free Pass Access below:
To Hear the Full Interview OR Get the Full Show Notes...
Already a member? Login here.
If you have a question from the show. Ask it below…