Shonn Campbell is an 8 year Forex trading veteran who’s a high school football coach in his spare time. Also a father of three from Colorado, he made his way to trading success when he started following the trend.
He became profitable after 6 years of hard work. Persevering through every challenge the markets threw at him. He now trades a reliable system that enables him to sleep with peace at the end of every trading day and shares regularly on his blog FXInventoryTrading.com.
In this podcast Shonn shares:
- Why understanding the different FX trading sessions is so important
- Understanding the structure of price
- The power of recognizing pivots and reversal patterns
- His minimalist approach and how it helps your emotions
This Podcast is Totally FREE.
Order Cam a Beer to Say “THANKS”.
“The most successful people are those who never waver in their confidence.“ – 17:22
- The Playbook: An Inside Look at How to Think Like a Professional Trader by Mike Bellafiore
- One Good Trade by Mike Bellafiore
Broker & Platform
- FXCM US
- MetaTrader 4
- Have confidence in what you do
- Risk small, win big
- Before trading full time, identify whether you are a trader or an investor
- Have a fix target each trade
- Understand how and why price moves
- Observe supply and demand
- Take profits when profits present themselves
- Be precise in your entry
- Master the art of taking a loss
- Stick with a trend following technique to make things simple
- He closes all open positions by the end of the day whether they are winners or losers
- He exits at around 1% – 2% of his risk
- His risk reward ratio for scalping is 1:1
- He uses a top down analysis for bias then trades on the lower time frames (m5, m15) for his entry
- His average trading time is from 3 – 5 hours a day
- He loves pivot points as an entry
- His favorite trade set up is a “Box Set Up”
- He exits a trade based on the H4 chart
- He also uses EMA’s for his stack method
- Shonn’s strategy uses EMA’s and Box Set Up
- He uses 200 EMA, 100 EMA, 34 EMA and 20 EMA
- All EMA’s must align/stack in the same direction to confirm a possible entry
- He waits for price to bounce off 200 EMA to confirm a signal for trading
- Entry is somewhere after the bounce, e.g. at the high of the bounce bar
To pick up an automated version based loosely on Shonn’s strategy, visit the shop at Automate My Trading.